Tuesday, June 9, 2009

कुंती पुत्र कर्ण died in solace.......

I know this conversation never happened; Kunti could never apologize & Karn could never get a very basic right of a child. I just tried to visualize other side of coin & dared to put it in words.
I wish, things could have ended this way.

The extent of carnage, written in this day’s providence had been done. It was the day, which swallowed many great warriors, righteous individuals & steadfast friends.
Krishna was again on the war-field along with Pandavs, but this time intention was identifying & ritually cremating the bodies rather than smashing them down.
This day made them one step ahead in the quest of victory & lost glory but this same day fastened a son in the death cage & left a mother in remorse & lamentation.
This penance-stricken mother was none other than Kunti, who couldn’t bequeath anything except twinge to his eldest son, Karn.

All of sudden, Pandavs heard mourning voice of a lady & turned in the direction of voice to know the matter or satisfy their inquisitiveness.
Hearing a lady’s whimper in a battle-field was not as astounding as seeing their mother bereaved on the body of karn.
Arjun, `` mother, why are you so disconsolate on Karn`s demise? His death is an instance of merriment & revelry. I think, you wrongly interpreted his body to your son’s, let’s move mother. ``

This sentence stoked up her guilt deeply & made her unable to stop her outburst, `` He always remained destitute from his rights, but don’t filch right of getting his mother’s tears. I couldn’t give anything to my eldest son except ignominy & torment; let me make tribute of my tears at least. ``
Whether it was shock generated from their mother’s grieved-words or Krishna’s magical power that turned them into effigy, remained unknown but Kunti bua`s wish was not veiled to Krishna.

Krishna, `` Hey bua, I am going to put some breaths in Karn`s body. I wish, this renascence will give some solace to you & your son. ``
Krishna left the scene with his wishes & Karn returned to life with mother Kunti in his first sight.
After birth, whether he had a first look at his mother or not, he had forgotten but this first look at her left him very maudlin & exasperated.
Karn started with sarcasm, `` Hey great mother of Pandavs, I pay my salute to your whims. You are the one who got mettle of throwing her naïve child in river just after his birth & ridiculing of his valor by making him owed with some breaths. I could never thank you for that life & will never for this one. I always felt disgusted, ridiculed & deprived just because of you. Tell me, where I was wrong? Becoming your son was neither my wish nor my glory. When your other sons were reveling in their grandiose palaces, I was getting afflicted from scorn of society.
You could give nothing to me except this futile & disgusted life & now, you are again with me to do derision of my gallantry. ``
``No son, I am here to confer you your fundamental rights. Do you think, I was never concerned about you? I always wanted to pamper you, embrace you just like Pandavs; I always wanted to give my lap in your restless nights; every moment, my heart wailed in your trounce & in my guilt. I know, you are nowhere wrong, but I had to bury my wrongs from this society. I implore for your magnanimity & exculpation towards your cursed mother & sanctify her with your love, ``angst & affection in Kunti`s words were sharp & echoed enough to penetrate & reverberate in Karn`s heart.
He could clutch neither complain nor mother word in his throat & seemed very impatient to get very first cosseted touch of his mother.
Kunti consecrated herself with putting his head on her lap & coddling his face with tear-stream.

This conversation lasted for whole night & sustained till dawn; perhaps, fate wanted to endow him a salutary & unperturbed death.
First red- orange ray of sun made his face more incandescent & blissful; because this was the moment when he was getting warmth of his father through rays as well as affection of his mother in her lap.
Every woe of his lifetime got vanished & he died in solace.


Critics & their categorical comments are most welcomed.
I would appreciate detailed comments on storyline, lucidity, flow, language, writing style and anything else that comes in your mind. Enjoy reading........

No comments:

Post a Comment