Friday, June 19, 2009

I met a call girl last night

Chandni Bar………I just finished the movie & reclined on bed with incessant blows of distressing end in my head. Things that happened with Mumtaz (Tabu) & her family were really very nerve-racking & pitiful & made my head heavy & eyes dizzy.

Suddenly, I heard doorbell & opened the door with a daze. I was stupefied with the sight of a 25-26 years old girl wrapped with rag on body & fright on face.
Before, I could surpass my shock & say any word, she closed the door & implored with joined hands & limped voice, `` please, let me get in. I am in big peril & need your favor. ``

I cleared the way for her & locked the door. I offered a glass of water & inquired the reason of this pitiable state.
She started with same panicked voice, `` I stay two blocks away from you with my five kids. People of this residential area are gone frenzied & want to kill me & my children. I left kids on a protected place & came to you just before my awful death. ``

I was utterly baffled & tensed with her words & asked, `` but, why they want to kill you & why did you come to me? ``
She continued, `` I am a call girl, an anathema for society in their eyes.
People are censuring me for their broken homes & relations. According to them, I am culpable for their lascivious brothers, sons & fathers. That’s why they want my blood to mollify their anger & sanctify this society. ``

Hearing this, my commiseration converted into rage & rage into a slap on her face & I shouted vehemently, `` yes, you are the culprit for their broken homes; you are a taboo for this society & they reserve all rights to slay you & throw your corpse into a gutter. Your type of girls do these heinous deeds just for extra enjoyment & luxuries. ``

My ruthless words made her burst into tears & she couldn’t stop her outburst, `` I am doing nothing for my luxury or comfort. I am doing everything for those parent less kids, who lost their family in recent Hindu-Muslim riot & that was done by your righteous society.
I am illiterate, deprived & not having any mean to raise these kids. After riot, I got them from road, burnt house, and gutter and embraced them without asking about their religion.
I knocked door of every supposed to be literate, civilized, and virtuous person of your society & got nothing else than aversion.
My kids went bread less for five consecutive days & struggled for each breath. Your society did parties, watched movies & visited 5-star hotels in those days but couldn’t throw a piece of bread to my kids.
Then, mocked from everywhere & frightened from thought of loosing my kids, I decided to stake most precious thing of my life for their life & accepted offer of a priest, who exchanged temple’s prasada for a touch. Like this, my children got first morsel of food on the sixth day & survived themselves. Then due to further worse circumstances, I started sleeping with your ethical society; I sold my self-respect & values for these children, who were not even born from my womb.
I am still better than these people, because I sold my morals for well-being of some stranger, not for my own sumptuousness or amusement; but your society got corrupted & unethical for their showy ambitions, big cars, grandiose houses, diamond watches, jewelry and braggadocio.
Now, my kids are going school, getting educated & will lead a cherished life, because I devoted every possible bit of mine for their cause & you consider me a blight for this society. ``

I couldn’t muster enough mettle to see in her eyes, because I was also part of that same hypocrite society, who judges a mortal person with their deed rather than his motive behind that & worships a divine entity in any given case. This society considers killing as a sin & celebrates Ravan`s killing day by Rama as a very auspicious festival; This same society considers cheating as wickedness & glorifies Krishna for doing this in Mahabharata; & morality behind these deeds is the justification given for this discrepancy. If a wrong deed of Rama / Krishna with right motives is moral, then why this girl is immoral; what is the reason behind this discrepancy between her & Rama or Krishna? `Righteousness or wickedness of any deed or motive is function of enforced premises`, why this rule is untrue for this girl?
People trade their integrity for wrong cause; she traded her body for right cause. Now, if she is a vile prostitute, then every person of this society got a whore in him & our society is flooded with more despicable prostitutes than her & no one got the right to decide between right and wrong.

I couldn’t understand, to whom should I compare her; either to Lord Vishnu for raising orphans just like her womb-born children; or to Maa Saraswati for making them educated; or to Lord Shiva for accepting venom of disgrace so that these kids can enjoy nectar of respectable life; or to Meerabai for devoting every tidbit of her in service of those lord-like kids.

I offered her my help with chocked throat & streaming eyes.
She said, `` I came to you just to tell about me & convince you to write a story on me. In few moments, I’ll surrender myself to this virtuous society. ``

I wanted to stop her & save her from this blind & double-standard society but didn’t know the way out. I don’t know when my tired eyes got closed while writing her story on my laptop.
I woke up next morning & asked my roomie about that girl. He mocked me saying, `` Ohh! Aajkal ghar me ladkiya lane laga hai raat ko? Ab ban raha hai tu asli mard. ``
Disconcerted with his words, I did futile try to search her in my apartment & didn’t even get a trace of her. Then I opened my lappy to search that MS- file in which I wrote her story yester-night.
After finishing all searches & getting nothing, I opened a new MS-file with the name, ` I met a call girl last night. `

Critics & their categorical comments are most welcomed.
I would appreciate detailed comments on storyline, lucidity, flow, language, writing style and anything else that comes in your mind. Enjoy reading........

5 comments:

  1. abe harami...itne gande gande story likhke kyu time barbad kar raha hai hamara...sale tere blog ke against case thok dunga...blog blog, bhag sala

    ReplyDelete
  2. ganda story......haa, mujhe kuchh or likhna chahiye tha naa. like, maine call-girl ke saath ye kiya, wo kiya.....shud hve used lecherous words & thoughts.
    Tab jake logo ko padhne me maja aata or wo khush hote.
    Well, maine ye kisi ki khushi ke liye nahi likha,sirf apne thoughts ko dala hai.....
    mujhe ye story achchi lagi.....ab tak ki best lagi.....baki or kisi cheez se mujhe koi matlab nahi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is really very nice story...
    ye story un sabhi logo ko ek nayi thought de sakti hai jo society ke banaye hue purane views ko lakeer ka phakker ban kar mante rehte hai...
    ya i agree with you, before poiniting out anyone's mistakes just on the basis of what this society says, we must interrogate ourselves what is according to your soul..... :)

    Welldone beta.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sirje ur on fire. Leave the grammar behind. It is really gud. However, i dont accept the fact that she was almost killed. society created dem for a purpose and it seems hypothetical dat her life is in danger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the story a lot.
    I say you are a good good writer.
    Moreover, your style of writing once made me stand in your shoes.
    Really awesome and its making me read your other posts.
    Will come back soon.

    ReplyDelete